[R-sig-hpc] rsprng wiki page

Ei-ji Nakama nakama at ki.rim.or.jp
Thu Jul 30 06:44:39 CEST 2009

I let rsprng support SPRNG4 to inspect a difference by the version of SPRNG.
# I got caught up at work and just forgot all about this....

http://prs.ism.ac.jp/~nakama/mascagni/README
http://prs.ism.ac.jp/~nakama/mascagni/rsprng_0.5-2.tar.gz

2009/7/30 Ross Boylan <ross at biostat.ucsf.edu>:
> http://wiki.r-project.org/rwiki/doku.php?id=packages:cran:rsprng has a
> page I just created on parallel random number generation under R with
> SPRNG.
>
> It includes some cautions about how to use the package and some thoughts
> about how to enhance it.  I'm working on code changes along the lines
> suggested there.
>
> I hope that the information there is accurate; it's quite possible it is
> not.  In particular, although I think earlier discussion (can't find it
> now) indicated that rsprng uses the simple interface to SPRNG, the code
> doesn't look that way.  I think with the simple interface my C code
> would get the same random number stream as the R code, because there is
> only one stream.  Without it, my C code needs the stream id from R in
> order to access the same stream.
>
> The page also indicates a number of things I'm uncertain about.
>
> If you're interested, please look, comment, and edit as you see fit.
>
> Ross Boylan

EI-JI Nakama  <nakama (a) ki.rim.or.jp>
"\u4e2d\u9593\u6804\u6cbb"  <nakama (a) ki.rim.or.jp>