[R-sig-hpc] Rmpi install fails...

Vince Fulco vfulco1 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 17:31:52 CEST 2009

Per Dirk's suggestion, following up with a *revised* question from
R-help of a few days ago...

On FC10 with openmpi and mpich2 installed including all -develop and
-libs files,
the command "R CMD INSTALL Rmpi_0.5-7.tar.gz" fails with the error
''cannot find mpi.h".  Doing a (s)locate indicates the header files
exist in ''/usr/include/mpich2/" and ''/usr/include/openmpi/1.2.4-gcc/".

I've tried using --configure-args to both locations and
also named the environment variable path MPI_ROOT
to no avail. Would appreciate any trailheads.

As a temp solution exploring SNOW with sockets
to speed up bootstraps.  Should I expect see a speed improvement
with MPI or PVM on a SMP machine?

TIA,

V.

--