[R-sig-hpc] RGL in SGI Altix

Dani danicyber at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 22:20:29 CEST 2009

Dear all,

I'm running experiments with large data on a SGI Altix 350 server
running the SGI ProPack 4 64-bit Linux operating system, based on
SUSE.
- R version is 2.7.1

When running tests on a miserable laptop, RGL is fine, but in the
Altix I've run in problems with RGL - when I try to save the window to
file, I get the following error:

>>RGL ERROR: can't bind glx context to window

I've checked the R-lists, several people reporting this problem. One
of the suggestions was to reinstall RGL. We've reinstalled the version
0.81 and still not working. Any suggestions?

The problem is only to save RGL windows, everything works fine with png.

thanks a lot,
Dani