[R-sig-hpc] [R] Problem about spawn nodes with Rmpi

Marce marcemb at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 22:16:00 CEST 2008

2008/10/22 Markus Schmidberger <schmidb at ibe.med.uni-muenchen.de>

> Hi Marce,

> This is probably a better list for your question.
>
> Probably Rmpi does not find the correct Rmpi implementation. Have you
> installed a second mpi implementation (lammpi)?
> How do you have installed Rmpi?
> Did you compiled it to the mpi libraries?
> R CMD INSTALL --configure-args="--with-mpi=MPIPATH" Rmpi
>
> Best
> Markus
>
> --
> Dipl.-Tech. Math. Markus Schmidberger
>
> Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
> IBE - Institut für medizinische Informationsverarbeitung,
> Biometrie und Epidemiologie
> Marchioninistr. 15, D-81377 Muenchen
> Mail: Markus.Schmidberger [at] ibe.med.uni-muenchen.de
> Tel: +49 (089) 7095 - 4599

Oh thanks, I don't know the existence of this mail list :p. I have
just subscribe.

About your answer, I don't have more implementations of MPI, just
OpenMPI. When I install Rmpi I did like you say: "/home/R/bin/R CMD
INSTALL Rmpi.... --configure-args--with-mpi=/home/openmpi/.
I think that installation went OK, after that in logs Rmpi recognize
MPI directory..all OK.
Now I'm not in my computer, tomorrow I'll do again to see more logs.

Thanks again for all Markus.

((PD: I will send this post both list, sorry for the duplicated messages)