[R-sig-hpc] using snow and Rmpi

Markus Schmidberger schmidb at ibe.med.uni-muenchen.de
Wed Oct 15 21:44:23 CEST 2008

Hi,

great to have this new mailing list.

I am using snow with MPI (Rmpi). Now I thought it would be great to use
snow and Rmpi code together. E.g. to use the mpi.bcast command.
(I do not want to reimplement my whole snow code to Rmpi)

Some example code:

library(snow)
c1<-makeCluster(4)
clusterEvalQ(c1, Sys.info()["nodename"])
mpi.remote.exec(paste("I am
node",mpi.comm.rank(),"of",mpi.comm.size(),"on",Sys.info()["nodename"]))
stopCluster(c1)

Snow uses Rmpi, so I thought this could be working. But this seems to be
not working. Probably snow and Rmpi slaves are waiting for different tags.
Anyone already tried this?

Thanks
Markus

--
Dipl.-Tech. Math. Markus Schmidberger

Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
IBE - Institut für medizinische Informationsverarbeitung,
Biometrie und Epidemiologie
Marchioninistr. 15, D-81377 Muenchen
Mail: Markus.Schmidberger [at] ibe.med.uni-muenchen.de
Tel: +49 (089) 7095 - 4599