[R-sig-hpc] Help installing sprng libraries

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Dec 11 16:47:11 CET 2008

On 11 December 2008 at 23:57, David Marra wrote:
| Stefan/Everyone,
|
| This is helpful. Using the code you provided I am able to install
| rsprng for 32 bit Leopard, but still leaves open how to achieve this
| for 64-bit.
|
| Is anyone aware of whether the Linux 64-bit sprng on Na Li's website
| will work with Leopard or alternatively where one can download a 64-
| bit sprng for Leopard?

I cannot help you with respect to Leopard and other four-legged cats ;-) but
when I added rsprng (and hence sprng) to Debian years ago, I mod'ed the sprng
Makefile etc to make it cope with the standard so that it would build on all
11 or 12 Debian architectures.  Now, these are all Linux -- but they span
tiny to large systems and do work on a number of 64 bit systems.  You could
glance at the diff and see if it helps.

You can start e.g. here
  http://packages.debian.org/source/sid/sprng
and fetch the .diff.gz from the bar on the right.

Dirk