[R-sig-hpc] Help installing sprng libraries

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Dec 11 16:47:11 CET 2008

On 11 December 2008 at 23:57, David Marra wrote:
| Stefan/Everyone,
| This is helpful. Using the code you provided I am able to install
| rsprng for 32 bit Leopard, but still leaves open how to achieve this
| for 64-bit.
| Is anyone aware of whether the Linux 64-bit sprng on Na Li's website
| will work with Leopard or alternatively where one can download a 64-
| bit sprng for Leopard?

I cannot help you with respect to Leopard and other four-legged cats ;-) but
when I added rsprng (and hence sprng) to Debian years ago, I mod'ed the sprng
Makefile etc to make it cope with the standard so that it would build on all
11 or 12 Debian architectures.  Now, these are all Linux -- but they span
tiny to large systems and do work on a number of 64 bit systems.  You could
glance at the diff and see if it helps.

You can start e.g. here
and fetch the .diff.gz from the bar on the right.