[R-gui] R Model Building and Evaluation Tool

Yvonnick Noel yvonnick.noel at free.fr
Wed Jan 4 10:14:06 CET 2012

Hi Brett,

> To anyone who is interested, I'm trying to learn a bit more about
> developing applications in R with user interfaces. I've been playing
> around with gWidgets to develop a model building interface.
>
> I'd appreciate any comments, suggestions, or guidance on how to better
> structure my R code and organize the programming task. In addition,
> any suggestions for features and improvement to this fledgling project
> would be welcomed.

I found the proto package to be most useful in structuring the code
while developing my R2STATS interface for GLM and GLMM.

Proto uses a prototype approach, as you would infer from the name, but
can be used in an object-oriented approach as well.

HTH,

Yvonnick Noel
University of Britanny at Rennes
Department of Psychology