[R-gui] Best GUI?

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Sat May 21 22:36:22 CEST 2011

Dear Dan,

The issue of suggested packages installed recursively is increasingly
irritating. The reason that I don't make the directly required packages
"depends" rather than "suggests" is that I don't want them loaded every time
the Rcmdr starts up. I think that I have a solution, which I'll incorporate
in the next minor version of the Rcmdr, and which I plan to release late in
the summer.

Meanwhile, if you'd like to share your script, I'd be interested in taking a
look at it, with an eye to including it on the Rcmdr installation web page.

Best,
 John