[R-gui] gWidgetsRGtk2: Problem with gradio handler in a proto object

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Fri May 13 16:20:54 CEST 2011

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 10:05 AM, John Verzani
<verzani at math.csi.cuny.edu> wrote:
> Thanks Gabor!
> I changed the class to "ANY" and it works now. Should there be an "as"
> method for coercing instantiatedProtoMethod to function, or would that lose
> the "proto" nature of the object?

Its already a subclass of function.  Any S3 generic that is dispatched
on it will automatically use the function method rather than the
instantiatedProtoMethod method if the former exists and the latter
does not.  I think the appropriate change if reference classes wish to
fully support S3 would be for reference classes to support full S3
dispatch.

--
Statistics & Software Consulting
GKX Group, GKX Associates Inc.