[R-gui] GUI specific R API wishlist

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Jun 10 13:33:43 CEST 2011

Hi!

I have just finished a first draft of a page listing GUI specific wishes
concerning the R API:
http://rwiki.sciviews.org/doku.php?id=developers:gui:r_api_wishlist . The idea
of this page is to collect ideas on improving GUI support in R core, and to
develop those ideas collaboratively.

The page is deliberately limited to aspects which should best be addressed in
the core R distribution. In particular, it tries *not* to discuss topics which
are specific to individual toolkits, frameworks or even specific GUI projects.
Naturally, however, not all topics on this page will be of interest to all GUI
projects.

I'm sure the list is not complete, and I'm sure it ignores many important
points and thoughts which have been raised in previous discussions. However, I
hope it is good enough as a starting point for brain-storming.

Thus, if you are a GUI developer, please do take a look. As a first step, I
suggest to add your (project) name behind in the section on "Interested
parties" for whichever topic affects your project. Then we can get an idea of
which points are worth discussing on this list. Of course, it's a wiki, and
you can add your own suggestions and comments, too.

Then perhaps, in a week or two, we can identify which topics are worth
discussing in detail in the short term, and coordinate the next steps.

Regards
Thomas