[R-gui] Any script to package a built R binary to a Mac OS X installer?

Sang Chul Choi schoi at cornell.edu
Wed Dec 21 20:36:55 CET 2011

Hi,

I am wondering how "R.app GUI 1.41 for Mac OS X" is built from the source code, and am messing around about the R project web site.

My question is if there are some scripts for packaging built R and R-GUI binaries to a Mac OS X install package (I was able to build R and R-GUI, but I could not find a way to package them for installation). If so, where could I find it?  I'm new to either building R from scratch or packaging a Mac installation.  When I was reading "R for Mac OS X Developer's Page" at http://r.research.att.com/, I thought that there must be some scripts for packaging to create an installation file, such as R-2.14-branch-leopard.pkg in the web site at http://r.research.att.com/.  I could not find any of such script or helpful information.

Thank you,

SangChul