[R-gui] Good Tcl/tk widget reference?

Adrian Waddell adrian at waddell.ch
Mon Sep 20 02:04:25 CEST 2010

Hello all,

The tcltk R package provides wrapper functions to tcl and the naive tk
extension itself. So I suggest you read a tcl/tk book. I can recommend
Practical Programming in Tcl and Tk by Brent Welch.

I have started writing some slides explaining the tcltk R package but I
ran out of time for the moment. However, I plan to write more slides by
the end of October which should cover geometry managers (pack, maybe
grid) and the connection between the functions provided by the tcltk R
package and the naive Tk commands. You can find these slides here:

http://www.stats.uwaterloo.ca/stats_navigation/StatSoftware/Essential-Software/

Greetings,

Adrian Waddell