[R-gui] ghelp() and ghelpbrowser() under R 2.10.1

j verzani jverzani at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 02:28:50 CEST 2010

Yihui Xie <xie <at> yihui.name> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm wondering if ghelp() really works under R 2.10.1. I tried it under
> Windows but it does not work...
>
> > library(gWidgets)
> > ghelpbrowser()
> Select a GUI toolkit
>
> 1: gWidgetsRGtk2
> 2: gWidgetsrJava
> 3: gWidgetstcltk
> 4: gWidgetsWWW

I think I need to update ghelp to reflect the changes to the help system
introduced by the dynamic help pages. (It may never have worked well with
windows.) I noticed that index.search is now soon to be deprecated -- and ghelp
relied on that. In the short term -- and maybe best for the long term -- I'd
direct help pages to those displayed in the browser.

--John