[R-gui] TclTk dynamic dropdown list combo box

"João G." joaofgo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 23:40:50 CEST 2010

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to build a conditional or dynamic dropdown list that depends
on a value inserted in a tkentry field. The value in this field will be
used to subselect a data fame and so defining the values on the
dependent dropdown list.
This kind of feature is very often found in web based forms, for
example: selecting a given state fills up a second dropdown that lists
all the cities in the first option. I'm not sure but probably a button
should be used to trigger the procedure.
Up to now I've made no progress on doing this since all examples or
documentation only focus on static dropdowns.

Thanks in advance,
João.