[R-gui] [ANN] New package traitr for producing GUIs

john verzani jverzani at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 22:03:37 CET 2010

Dear list,

I found myself reading the manual for the Traits UI python module and thought it
sounded like a neat way to write basic dialogs. As such, I made a package,
traitr, that somewhat follows the spirit of that python module. The basic idea
is that one specifies a model for a GUI using a set of predefined item types.
(The GUI is provided by gWidgetsRGtk2.) The view for the model can be automatic,
or customized with a fairly simple syntax. The controller aspect is implemented
by defining suitably named methods. The vignette gives several examples. It
simplifies the writing of basic GUIs, which is a far as I've gone with it as of
now.

http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/traitr/index.html

Comments and suggestions are most welcome. --John