[R-gui] rJava- Question about a building R-GUI and Buttons Event

john verzani jverzani at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 15:02:09 CET 2010

zeljko krizek <z.krizek <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi there,
> can someone say tome is there a sample of Buling simple GUI Window in R
> using rJava package. In this window should be also one button with handling
> (in R) of click event.
> If some one press this button in window, that I can catch this event wiht  R
> or Java function
> to start some user code to start simple calculation.

Dear Zak,

In the gWidgetsrJava package is some code to deal with this that is mostly taken
from Simon Urbanek's iWidgets package. It is a bit of a chore to track down as
there is some R code and a Java class. If you aren't committed to rJava (you
mentioned rpanel) the RGtk2 package is much easier to use from within R.