[R-gui] start rgtk2 script

Yihui Xie xie at yihui.name
Sun Apr 18 21:42:32 CEST 2010

RGui.exe does not accept the -f argument.

One possible way to start RGtk2 with a mouse click on an icon is to
put a shortcut of RGui.exe or R.exe in a certain directory, remove the
directory in the "Start in" filed (right-click on the shortcut icon
--> Properties), then put a file named .Rprofile in the same directory
as your shortcut. In .Rprofile, write the R script related to your
RGtk2 GUI.

Note: as Windows does not like a file which begins with a dot, you
will have to create a file with a "normal" file name (say Rprofile.r)
and RENAME it to .Rprofile in a command window.

Regards,
Yihui
--
Yihui Xie <xieyihui at gmail.com>