[R-gui] vtcl

jverzani jverzani at gmail.com
Wed May 6 22:14:42 CEST 2009

David Katz <david <at> davidkatzconsulting.com> writes:

> Has anyone had any experience integrating R with vtcl ( a gui for tcl/tk)?
> Vtcl produces a whole script in tcl/tk, so it's not clear how to integrate
> with R. Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

I don't know about vtcl, but do now that you can source in tcl code within R. In
the tkGUI.R code you will find this example:

 tcl("source", file.path(.Library, "tcltk", "exec", "console.tcl"))

This finds the path of the file console.tcl -- which contains tcl code -- and
'sources' it in. Likely the same construct could be useful for you. I've used it
with gWidgetstcltk.

--John