[R-gui] Seeking comments/testers for a new GUI

Vitalie S. vitosmail at rambler.ru
Wed Jun 17 09:57:12 CEST 2009

> 2. Increase the efficiency of expert R users when performing common
> tasks by
> replacing hundreds of keystrokes with a few mouse clicks.

Nice idea indeed. Akin to Rcmder. But as Rcmder Deducer uses obscure
editor as platform. It's highly improbable that an "expert" user of R
would use JGR for their work.

I wonder, why not to direct this valuable effort towards  extending fully
customizable editors like ESS or SciViews-K
(http://www.sciviews.org/SciViews-K/index.html  )?

This would nicely facilitate  beginner's start with advanced editors as
well.

Vitalie.