[R-gui] Seeking comments/testers for a new GUI

Romain Francois romain.francois at dbmail.com
Tue Jun 16 18:38:06 CEST 2009

Ian Fellows wrote:
> That was a stupid typo... fixed in dev
>
> You said the "something" happens when you use .jpackage(pkgname). Does that
> mean that you see the menu items and data viewer?

It brings another JFrame (see the screenshot)

> As for sources, I should have mentioned where to get them in the first
> place. The package sources are available on rforge.net.

Would still be a good move to ship java source together with R source in
the **source** package that goes on CRAN

> Package:
> http://www.rforge.net/Deducer/svn.html
> java sources:
> http://www.rforge.net/org/svn.html
>
> You can install the latest dev version with:
> install.packages("Deducer",,"http://rforge.net/",type="source")
>
> It should be noted that JGR is transitioning to a new backend (starting with
> 1.7), so Deducer in its works with the current CRAN version (1.6-7).

Interesting. Can you elaborate on that ?

> Ian

>>> http://jgr.markushelbig.org/Download.html
>>> 2. Open JGR and at the prompt enter: install.packages("Deducer")
>>> 3. Enter: library(Deducer)     ##you should now see Data and Analysis

--
Romain Francois
Independent R Consultant