[R-gui] Tinn-R Error message

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Mon Feb 23 10:45:14 CET 2009

    FH> Dear Claudio Faria I have installed R and Tinn R on a
    FH> new computer with windows XP

    FH> I start R and Tinn R version 2.2.02

    FH> When I try to send commands to R I get an error message:

    FH> "Fehler in source(.trPath[5], echo=TRUE,
    FH> max.deparse.length = 150):

    FH> Objekt "tr.Path" nicht gefunden"

I'm pretty sure you rather got

        Objekt ".trPath" nicht gefunden

(spelling!) which in English is something like

        object ".trPath" not found

We've started teaching last week, a class in which the students
must use R, and we've recommended Tinn-R for the Windoze users.

Several students have experienced the same problem when they
tried to send  >>> the selection / selected region <<< to the R
process.
I'm sorry to say that I was a bit disappointed by that problem.
I vaguely recall our TA found that it was somehow linked to a
write permission problem of the student in question.

Regards,
Martin Maechler, ETH Zurich