[R-gui] EclipseR - a GUI for R in the shadow

Hector Lopez hlopez1 at alumnes.udl.cat
Mon Dec 21 12:02:38 CET 2009

Hi everybody,

We are just in Christmas time and I want to give you a gift announcing a
new (or old one, because it was released 4 years ago) GUI for R:
EclipseR.

EclipseR was our BSc in Software/System engineering final project on
Sept/2006. I was a member of the developer team, and I think it could be
a good application for statistical uni-depts. or for team researchers.

EclipseR is a java application based in Eclipse RCP platform, and it use
JRI (now rJava, by Rosuda) library to link it with R. In my opinion, I
think it is a good platform to extend it with plug-ins, but I need more
feedbacks to be sure it can be useful for someone.

All source-code and tracking were in my university forge
(http://forge.udl.es) but it is down from a year ago, and I've created a
new tracking environment in: https://labs.nuevegen.net/trac/eclipser ,
where you can read some information about EclipseR, and download it to
try it.

I hope it could be useful for you ;)

Bests,

Héctor