[R-gui] tk2mclistbox problem

Philippe Grosjean phgrosjean at sciviews.org
Sun Dec 6 21:12:55 CET 2009

Mark Heckmann wrote:
> Hey Philippe,
>
> I have a question concerning an tk2mclistbox problem.
> I have the same problem as in this post you commented.
>
> https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-gui/2009-February/000911.html
>
> It was dated Feb.09. The sample code still throws an error.
> Are there any advances? Right now it seems the tk2mclistbox cannot be
> used?!

I tried to fix the problem, but it appears to be a bug in a Tk widget
that is not maintained any more (mclistbox). At the time I integrated it
in tcltk2, it was fully functional. At this point, there are three
possibilities:

1) To use a Tktable widget instead (also supported by tcltk2),

2) To use the newer tablelist Tk widget, but that requires some work to
incorporate it in tcltk2 (http://wiki.tcl.tk/5527; the best choice I think),

3) To fix the old mclistbox widget (we need a good Tcl programmer here).

If someone wants to submit a patch for #3, or work on a solution for #2,
I will gladly include it in tcltk2.
Best,

Philippe Grosjean