[R-gui] Tinn-R and JGR issues under Vista

Claudio82 procaccianti.claudio at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 10:04:50 CEST 2009

Hi all
I'm kinda new to R and everything else, so please be kind :P
I have some issues running Tinn-R 2.2.0.2 and JGR (latest version) on my
laptop (Windows Vista 64bit)
1) As long as I use R 2.8.1 it works just fine
2) If I run Tinn-R, the "Send Line" command works fine, while the "Send
Selection" works but it gives me always the same answer
"source(.trPaths[5])". I know it works 'cos my script generates a .txt file
in the working directory. Nevertheless, in the R Console no display is shown
(even dir() shows nothing). I don't think it's related to the auth policy of
Vista, as the problem didn't disappear after giving free access to the temp
folder and running Tinn-R as Administrator
3) I installed JGR, loadad the packages (as Admin), installed them,
everything went smooth...but when I launch JGR it opens and then closes one
second after. I tried with the "-debug" option but the debug window closes
too, so I'm kinda stuck...
I hope someone can help me :)
See you all guys! Tnx!

Claudio