[R-gui] R web based application

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Nov 18 16:14:32 CET 2008

Hi Wayne,

Caveat:  I am not a web-developer.

On 18 November 2008 at 15:14, Wayne.W.Jones at shell.com wrote:
| I am looking in to porting an application I have written in R to an R web based application.
| Can anyone suggest based on their own experiences what may be the best method to accomplish this?

I find the question somewhat under-specified:

 - What are your goals?
 - What are your constraints?
 - Do you have restrictions in terms of the webserver and R backend or not?
 - Is this Rapid Development for one-offs, or rather industrial strength ?
 - How many users?
 - How many concurrent users?
 - Light or heavy analysis?

You can do some pretty nice things with Rpad, but I have also been impressed
with the bigger-iron stuff Greg Warnes does (did ?) around Zope.  There is
more, but I guess you may get more useful answers if you provide more
focussed questions.

Cheers, Dirk