[R-gui] GPL licensing issues with a commercial R GUI

Karim Chine karim.chine at gmail.com
Tue May 13 15:33:30 CEST 2008

Michael, All,

You may want to check the following link: www.biocep.net ,
it's about a general unified open source (Apache 2.0) solution for
integrating R.
I have been working on it for about a year and a half, it's still work
in progress but most of the announced features are in full working order.
I should release it before the tutorial I will be giving during useR!
2008 (http://www.statistik.uni-dortmund.de/useR-2008/tutorials/chine.html)
Biocep use cases include : run R as a Server (RMI,HTTP,SOAP) , generate
Web Services for R functions (stateful/stateless), deploy an R
virtualization infrastructure,
use a highly-productive workbench to control R Servers  ( multi-platform
GUI for R, most advanced one currently available with spreadsheet views,
embedded jEdit,
interactive Zoom/Scroll on R graphics, extensibility with plugins,..)
and more..
Slides can be found here :
http://biocep-distrib.r-forge.r-project.org/distR.pdf

Best wishes,