[R-gui] Rcmdr and Calls to Other Programs

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Thu Feb 7 22:05:33 CET 2008

Dear Iqbal,

I didn't intend that the Rcmdr be used to call programs external to R, but
you should be able to do this via system(). Of course, you'd have to take
care of calling the programs or batch files properly and writing out any
additional files that they might need for input. This really isn't an Rcmdr
issue, but a more general question of calling other programs from R.

Regards,
 John

John Fox, Professor
Department of Sociology