[R-gui] tutorial on gwidgets?

Antje niederlein-rstat at yahoo.de
Wed Aug 6 13:46:20 CEST 2008

Hi Tamas,

thanks a lot for your answer.
> Hi,
>
> I would recommend to explore
> http://wiener.math.csi.cuny.edu/pmg/gWidgets
> especially the Examples section:
> http://wiener.math.csi.cuny.edu/pmg/gWidgets/Examples
> and the useR!2007 presentation:
> http://wiener.math.csi.cuny.edu/pmg/gWidgets/useR2007_presentation.pdf
> I hope it helps.

These tutorials I already found but still I don't know how to create a flexible
layout. For example (simple one), I'd like to have a window with a text field
with fixed width on the one side (stretched over the whole height) and on the
remaining right side, I'd like to put a button with a fixed height but width
adjustet to the remaining space of the window.

This code would not give me the layout I'd like to see and I don't know how to
do it (even with the tutorials mentioned)

<pre>
mainwin <- gwindow(title = "TestApplication", visible = TRUE, name=title)
splitgroup <- ggroup(horizontal=TRUE, container=mainwin)

gtext(text = "Here we go", width = 150, container=splitgroup)
gbutton("push me", container = splitgroup, expand = TRUE)
size(mainwin) <- c(500,500)
</pre>

I don't even know if there is any way to do what I want...

Antje