[R-gui] RKWard 0.4.2

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Sep 14 16:22:18 CEST 2007

Hi Frank,

On Tuesday 31 July 2007, Frank E Harrell Jr wrote:
> On ubuntu-feisty linux rkward does not work for me after apt-get install
> rkward:
>
> ~ harrelfe:rkward
> /usr/bin/rkward.bin: symbol lookup error: /usr/bin/rkward.bin: undefined
> symbol: R_Visible

sorry for not getting back to you any earlier.

I assume you're using R 2.5.0 or later. Unfortunately, RKWard 0.4.2 will only
work with versions of R up to 2.4.x. So, in order to use RKWard, you will
either need to downgrade R, or upgrade RKWard to at least version 0.4.6.

Note that we'll have another incompatibility with the upcoming R 2.6.0. There
is no released version of RKWard that will work with R 2.6, yet, but we
expect to produce one around the time that R 2.6 is released, officially.
(The current development version of RKWard should work with the current alpha
versions of R, though. See
http://rkward.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?title=RKWard_SVN, if you're
interested in living on the bleeding edge of development).

Regards
Thomas