[R-gui] Idle/timer callbacks in tk widgets

Stephen Eglen S.J.Eglen at damtp.cam.ac.uk
Tue Jan 9 00:26:37 CET 2007

Dear `Peter, Michael, list,

Thanks for your responses.  I have now tried both suggestions (of
using the "after" command, and Sys.sleep() within a loop).  from my
preliminary expts, it seems that both methods do what I want.  The
"after" first method also seems to have the advantage of not blocking
the R prompt while the movie is playing.

For the archives (and for others if interested) I'll send my test
script tomorrow to the list.

Best wishes, Stephen