[R-gui] Information about wxPython

Duncan Temple Lang duncan at wald.ucdavis.edu
Mon Sep 18 23:49:17 CEST 2006

Hi Marcelo.

  As for wxWidgets, I am working on creating a direct interface
between R and wxWidget in the RwxWidgets package.  I have done some
of the important widgets by hand and expect to complete the
automated bindings for the entire wxWidgets classes and routines
in the next 2-3 weeks.  It is close, but I just need to find time.

  The installation problem with RSPython indicates that you
probably don't have the development facilities for using python,
i.e. the header files and libraries.  You probably need to install
them via a package such as python-devel on a linux box
or build python from source.