[R-gui] Tinn-R 1.18.7.2 released

Jose Claudio Faria joseclaudio.faria at terra.com.br
Mon Oct 30 00:56:29 CET 2006

Dear Tinn-R user,

We would like to announce that a new version of the Tinn-R for Windows
(1.18.7.2) was released and is available on SourceForge server:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/tinn-r

Tinn-R is a R script editor under OS Windows.

Changes:
1.18.7.2 (Oct/30/2006)
- The 'Application options' was reworked a little bit. The
   options enabling the user to set Tinn-R to always show
   'Tips' and 'Completion' were removed. We think it was an
   annoyance. Now, the triggers can be used to do that.

- One new function was added both in the 'R toolbar' and
   the 'R' menu: 'Toogle start/close'. It will enable the
   user to start/close the preferred user 'Rgui'.

- From now on, whenever the user starts R inside Tinn-R, it
   will open automatically in the 'SDI mode', otherwise, in
   the default mode defined in the 'Rconsole' configuration
   file. Also, if there is any opened file, the 'R Working
   Directory' will be set to its path. Otherwise, it will be
   set to the default path (../bin) where R was installed.

- Several parts of the source code were optimized.

- The performance of the communication with the 'R server'
   (under all protocols) was enhanced. Now the user can to
   try to set the delay for computational synchronization
   (Options/Main/Application/R/R server) to small values (50,
   80 or 100 ms, in harmony with the hardware). We recommend
   testing different delays until a good performance is
   obtained.

- A small bug, when closing the 'Rgui' and the choice of
   'Cancel', was fixed.

- Some icons of 'Controlling R' were remade.

Regards,
Tinn-R team