[R-gui] New version of pmg using RGtk2 package

verzani at math.csi.cuny.edu verzani at math.csi.cuny.edu
Wed Mar 22 20:34:28 CET 2006

Dear All,

I've ported over my pmg GUI to RGtk2, the R bindings for GTK2 provided
by Michael Lawrence. PMG is a simple menu-driven GUI, ala RCommander,
written using the GTK toolkit. PMG is not as feature rich as
RCommander, but has some differences such as drag and drop. The main
advantages of moving to RGtk2 are cross-patform portability, and a
significantly enhanced toolkit. RGtk2 is at http://www.ggobi.org/RGtk2

This new port rewrote the backend of pmg to use the iwidget API of
Simon Urbanek. This API makes creating new dialogs relatively
easy. The new iWidgetsRGtk package provides this API and many
extensions to it. These extensions incorporate most of the SVDIalogs
suggested for R GUIs in the SciViews documentation. It is my hope that
people will find this package useful, even if they have not interest
in the pmg package.

The packages are found at http://www.math.csi.cuny.edu/pmg.

The iWidgetsRGtk package has a lengthy vignette detailing how the
package may be used.

I'd appreciate any feedback. These packages haven't been tested too
much and I'd be thankful for bug reports.

John
--
|  John Verzani                            verzani at math.csi.cuny.edu  |