[R-gui] RKWard 0.4.2

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Dec 4 18:05:36 CET 2006

Dear R-SIG-GUI subscribers,

I have not announced any new versions of RKWard on this list for quite a long
time (in fact, a far as I can see, the last time was more than two years ago,
for version 0.2.0).

For those, who have never seen it: RKWard is a KDE GUI for R. As such, it is
currently a Linux/BSD/... only application. Once KDE 4 will be released, it
will be portable to Windows, too.

For those, who have not tried it during the past few months: We'd like to
encourage you to give it a try. As signified by the version number, RKWard is
still far from finished, but we feel it is already highly useful as an
advanced IDE for R.

Current features include:
* An auto-updating object browser, allowing you to explore the entire R
workspace, including loading packages
* An R console (actually an emulation) including syntax highlighting, Tab code
completion, and function argument hinting
* A script editor based on the powerful and feature rich Kate. Also with
syntax hightlighting, code completion, and argument hinting, as well as code
folding
* Integrated editor for data.frames
* Integrated help browser and help search
* X11 device windows are managed by the GUI
* Multiple document interface: Several data editor, script editors, help
windows can be opened at the same time
* Asynchronous command execution: Run lengthy calculations in R, and continue
working on your data / scripts at the same time
* Log of all R commands
* R library management
* Extensible using plugins, and shipped with plugins providing basic data
import / export, data analysis, plotting and distribution functions

Regards
Thomas Friedrichsmeier