[R-gui] [Rd] R GUI considerations (was: R, Wine, and multi-threadedness)

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Oct 16 15:50:45 CEST 2005

On 16 October 2005 at 14:04, Prof Brian Ripley wrote:
| whereas I have seen some Qt-based ones I really liked.

Qt is C++, cross-platform using native widgets on OS X and Win and (since
more recently) available without fee or license woes provided it is used for
GPL'ed code.

So it satisfies both the requirement to make it look and feel native
whereever possible, and satisfies the preference for an OO paradigm for GUI
programming.

Would it be an alternative?  Is it worth a prototype app?

Regards, Dirk

--
Statistics: The (futile) attempt to offer certainty about uncertainty.
         -- Roger Koenker, 'Dictionary of Received Ideas of Statistics'