[R-gui] OpenOffice.org and R

Ian Laurenson hillview at paradise.net.nz
Mon Mar 7 00:09:02 CET 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-25 at 03:35, Short, Tom wrote:
> This topic has come up before, and others have expressed interest in making
> the connection. Here's one I found:
>
> https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-devel/2003-July/027039.html

I have contacted Harry Mangalam and have offered to help their work. I
have received a reply from Harry expressing interest but at this stage
have nothing else to report.

My message created a series of discussions about GUI widgets. For the
OpenOffice.org and R integration I suspect that the best approach is to
use widgets provided by OpenOffice.org.

I really appreciated the discussion about the form the integration
between OpenOffice.org and R could take. I hope that when I hear some
more from Harry (so that I don't reinvent the wheel) that I can help
implement them.

Thanks, Ian Laurenson