[R-gui] pure tcl/tk to R-tcltk / labeled frame and image

Thomas Unternaehrer uth at zhwin.ch
Wed Jan 12 15:17:06 CET 2005

Dear List,

I try to have a picture in a labeled frame like this example shows it:
http://incrtcl.sourceforge.net/iwidgets/iwidgets/labeledframe.html

At this point I have the following R-code (An example with the R-Logo
based on the example by James Wettenhall):

## R =================
library(tcltk)
tclRequire("Iwidgets")
setwd(paste(system.file(), "/../../doc/html",sep=""))
.base <- tktoplevel()
tkwm.title(.base, "Labeledframe")
tkpack(.base.labelframe <- tkwidget(.base, "iwidgets::labeledframe",
                                    labelpos = "nw",
                                    labeltext = "Labelframe"),
       fill = "both", expand = TRUE)

.base.labelframe.cs <- .Tk.subwin(.base.labelframe)

tclRequire("Img")
t.Logo <- tclVar()
tkcmd("image", "create", "photo", t.Logo,
      file = "logo.jpg")
tkpack(tklabel(.base.labelframe.cs, image = t.Logo, bg = "white"),
       fill = "both", expand = TRUE, padx = 5, pady = 5)
 ##===================

With the following errormessage:
Error in structure(.External("dotTclObjv", objv, PACKAGE = "tcltk"),
class = "tclObj") :
    [tcl] bad window path name ".10.1.2".

As I understand it right the problem has to do with the fact that
"...cs" needs to be a child/sub - window.
See the following pure tcl-code:

## Tcl/Tk===============

##	Need to get the childsite so that
##	we can properly pack other widgets
##	inside

set cs [.lf childsite]

##====================

.Tk.subwin seems not to be the right way. I also tried it with
.Tcl("pure Tcl commands") and tkcmd but faild.
Has anybody an idea how to solve my problem?

Thanks a lot

Thomas

ps: and sorry for my poor english

 > version