[R-gui] OpenOffice.org and R

Ian Laurenson hillview at paradise.net.nz
Thu Feb 24 09:48:25 CET 2005

I am investigating integrating OpenOffice.org with R.

Before I start on such a project I thought I would check:

Has anyone else has started such a project?

If so, does anyone have a contact or web address so that I can see if I
can help?

If not, can anyone give me additional pointers for getting started on
such a project?
I am aware of:
http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-exts.html#Linking-GUIs-and-other-front_002dends-to-R)

Does anyone have a wish list for what they would like when using both
OpenOffice.org and R?

I am getting proficient with OpenOffice.org's API and have used R a
little. I am aware of Gnumeric and its integration with R and am in the
process of looking into it further (very early days).

For examples of my OpenOffice.org work see:
http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/hillview/OOo/

Thanks, Ian Laurenson