[R-gui] tcl-tk color chooser (sucks on unix)

Nicholas Lewin-Koh nikko at hailmail.net
Wed Dec 28 17:47:07 CET 2005

Hi,
I am working on an R package for interactive color mainipulation
and also a graphical tool for setting lattice(trellis) parameters.
I am not well versed in tcl/tk but it seems the most developed of the
widget
tools in that it works well on all platforms. If RGtk were more
developed and worked
on windows I would probably choose that instead. My question is that the
standard
color picker "tk_chooseColor" is ok on windows, but absolutely stinks on
linux/unix.
Has anyone found an alternative? I don't want to write one from scratch
since
it probably will slow things down considerably, but that is a
possibility. Is there
any gui package as well developed as Rtcltk and crossplatform that is
availabel as an alternative?

Thanks
Nicholas