[R-gui] Tinn-R beta test

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Tue Nov 9 11:57:24 CET 2004

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 11:23:31 +0100, "Philippe Grosjean"
<phgrosjean at sciviews.org> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>We have now decided to freeze the latest Tinn-R version (0.0.9.0 r1.13, see
>http://www.sciviews.org/Tinn-R) and to proceed with a wider beta test. We
>would like to end up with a very stable R code editor (under Windows
>WIN98/2000/XP, sorry for the other platforms) by the end of the year. So,
>this is a call among "R-SIG-GUI-GUYS":
>
>we need beta testers for Tinn-R!
>
>We do not request only "negative" reports (i.e., bugs reports), but also
>"positive" reports (i.e., information about successful installs and testes).
>Thanks.
>Best,
>
>The Tinn-R developers (José Claudio Faria & Philippe Grosjean).

Hi.  I just installed that version; it looks good.  I couldn't see
what the gutter was for, though.  In Delphi that's where debug
breakpoints are set; do you use it for anything?

One thing I've often thought it could be used for is to mark a section
of the file to be the default submission.  As I'm editing a function
or a section of a script,  I may want to resubmit it several times;
it's inconvenient to use highlighting for this, because the
highlighting is used in editing.

Duncan Murdoch