[R-gui] New version of Rpad released

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed Nov 3 23:39:48 CET 2004

Tom,

On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 05:13:13PM -0500, Short, Tom wrote:
> the memory load on the server. Note that the server at www.rpad.org still
> uses R 1.9.1; I'm waiting for R 2.0 to make it into Debian's testing
> distribution. Key new features in the 2004-11-02 release include:

Don't -- just fetch it from unstable. It will be the exact same binary
whether you take it now, or wait (unless of course a bug would require a
rebuild).  If CRAN had a working Debian mirroring setup, you'd get it from
there but lacking that, the 'pinning' feature of apt is your best bet.

As it stands, the wait is 'indetermined' right now because a) a part of the
build architecture set seems to have a broken toolchain, and b) because the
binary incompatibility between 1.9.* and 2.0.* coupled with the actual
Depends: for lazyloading create a weird mesh of interdependence. The end
result is more like a boolean "and" over all required pieces: only the whole
set can enter 'testing', and that may take a while.

> This release also includes an install script for Debian. I'm working
> on this in hopes of making a Debian package with the goal of
> getting Rpad included on Dirk Eddelbuettel's Quantian livecd.

Neat -- we have to also make sure apache is configured correctly for it. Is
it in your tests? Also, so far Quantian included only Apache 1.3.*, is that
good enough for you?

Dirk

--
If your hair is standing up, then you are in extreme danger.
      -- http://www.usafa.af.mil/dfp/cockpit-phys/fp1ex3.htm