[R-gui] Re: R-wxPython volunteers

James Wettenhall wettenhall at wehi.edu.au
Mon Jun 28 11:03:30 CEST 2004

Hi,

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004, James Wettenhall wrote:
> progress, but it is very slow progress, so if there are any
> Linux-minded people out there who feel like collaborating, I

It just occurred to me that after mentioning a desire for
collaboration from "Linux-minded" people on the list, I got some
very useful posts from Vaidotas Zemlys and Martin Elff, (and
of course Robin Dunn on the wxPython-users mailing list).

But now I have had a request for new features in R-wxPython on
Windows (which is already quite advanced), but I've been
spending all the time I have available for this project on
porting to Linux (and eventually MacOS X?).

So let me add that assistance is certainly welcome from
"Windows-minded" people as well.  The Windows version is
already quite advanced.  Would you like to help to add new
features/documented examples such as Multiple Document
Interfaces (MDI), or more advanced geometry management
(widget layout) methods?

I'm not worried about sharing credit for authoring the
R-wxPython package.  If you send me some useful reliable-looking
code or documented examples, I be happy to add the code to the
package, add your name as an author, and look forward to
receiving more code snippets from you.

Regards,
James