[R-gui] R-wxPython and dynamic linking issues

Vaidotas Zemlys mpiktas at delfi.lt
Wed Jun 23 14:47:54 CEST 2004

Hi,

> On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, Vaidotas Zemlys wrote:
> > I'm not very good at changing configure and other files (I know because I
> > tried), so could you please tell me, where should I insert some line to
> link
> > RSPython as you described.
> > >
> > > -Wl,-whole-archive -lpython -Wl,-no-whole-archive
>
> Vaidotas,
>
> You can unzip RSPython_0.5-3.tar.gz with:
> tar zxvf RSPython_0.5-3.tar.gz
> then
> cd RSPython
> then
> grep "\-lpython" *
> to find all instances of -lpython,
> then replace them with:
> -Wl,-whole-archive -lpython -Wl,-no-whole-archive

Ok, I did that and then installed RSPython. The options appeared when linking
in installation output, but that did not change a thing. I still get

> dlg <- wxDlg(size=wxSize(200,160))
> dlg <- wxAdd(dlg,cb=wxCheckBox(label="Use wxPython",name="usewxPython",
> pos=wxPoint(40,50)))
> dlg <- wxBind(dlg,"cb",function(checked)cbVal<<-checked,
+          event="EVT_CHECKBOX",eventMethod="Checked")
> cbVal <- 0 # We haven't specified initial state of checkbox so by default it
> will be unchecked
> dlg <- wxShow(dlg)
Error in .PythonEval(paste("import ", dlg at PythonModule, "; reload(",
dlg at PythonModule,  :
        Error in Python call: /usr/lib/python2.2/lib-dynload/parser.so:
undefined symbol: _Py_TrueStruct

Vaidotas