[R-gui] Re: RGui windows question

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Fri Aug 13 16:38:31 CEST 2004

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 10:14:54 -0400, Duncan Murdoch
<murdoch at stats.uwo.ca> wrote :

>On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 15:58:41 +0200, Erich Neuwirth
><erich.neuwirth at univie.ac.at> wrote :
>
>>Duncan,
>>next week, there will be  new release of the DCOM server and RExcel.
>>Graphics is still an open issue.
>>One of the possibilities would be to have R controlled by Excel render
>>the graphics and when the graphics is in its finalized, just using the
>>clipboard and import the wmf file into Excel.
>>This coule be made more convenient when the right click menu in R
>>graphics devices would allow to add user defined menu items with
>>commands, comparable to the winMenu functions.
>>Would that be hard to add?
>
>This would be fairly easy to do as follows.  I'd add fake user menu
>names corresponding to the existing menus and you'd refer to those,
>e.g.
>
>winMenuAddItem('$GraphPopup', 'Caption', 'action')
>
>The names I can think of off the top of my head would be
>
>$ConsoleMain (the default location for new menu additions, but it
>could also be specified, just for completeness)
>$ConsolePopup
>$GraphMain
>$GraphPopup
>$DataentryMain
>$DataentryPopup
>
>I'll have to check the code to see if we've got others that I've
>forgotten.
>
>We don't have separate popups for each instance of a graph window, so
>you wouldn't be able to add local menu items to just one instance.

Oops, that's wrong.  We *do* have separate popups for each instance of
a graph window.  This means that the items would have to be added
*after* the window is open, and would not be there if you opened a new
window later.  That makes managing them a little trickier.