[R-gui] Embed Tk in GraphApp

James Wettenhall wettenhall at wehi.edu.au
Thu Apr 29 17:26:03 CEST 2004

Hi,

After the embarassment of accidentally reposting some old
emails :-), perhaps now I have something interesting to offer...

Thanks to Peter Dalgaard for pointing me to David Shepherd's
CTkView:
http://home.t-online.de/home/dshepherd/tkview.htm
which demonstrates embedding a Tk window in an MFC
(Microsoft Foundation Class) application built with Visual C++.

I've had a quick go at porting it from Visual C++/MFC to
MinGW's gcc / GraphApp and it seems to work pretty well:
http://bioinf.wehi.edu.au/folders/james/tkEmbed/index.html
http://bioinf.wehi.edu.au/folders/james/tkEmbed/doc.html
It's only supposed to be a proof of concept, not a robust API
for embedding Tk windows in GraphApp.

Regards,
James