[R-gui] Editor in R and Windows focus problems

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Thu Apr 29 16:15:10 CEST 2004

Dear Philippe, Duncan, et al.,

I hesitate to volunteer other people's work, but I wonder whether it isn't
time to think about replacing the GraphApp-based Rgui as the standard
interface to R under Windows. In particular, it occurs to me that a
scaled-down version of Philippe's SciViews -- including a basic set of
menus, the Syn text editor, and perhaps an object browser -- would provide a
superior interface. Of course, there may be obstacles that I don't
understand.

Regards,
 John