[R-gui] [R Gui]Moving thru fields

James Wettenhall wettenhall at wehi.edu.au
Fri Apr 23 09:59:42 CEST 2004

Hi,

One thing to add: I think I was making the
list-of-callback-functions stuff too complicated.
This seems to work:

library(tcltk)
tt <- tktoplevel()
f1 <- function()tkmessageBox(message="f1")
f2 <- function()tkmessageBox(message="f2")
functions <- list(f1,f2)
buttons <- list()
for (i in (1:2))
{
  buttons[[i]] <- tkbutton(tt,text=paste(i),
                    command=functions[[i]])
  tkpack(buttons[[i]])
}

I guess there's no need to become nervous about when the 'i' is
evaluated in command=functions[[i]].  It appears to be evaluated
when the buttons are defined (as desired), not when the command
is invoked.

Regards,
James