[R-gui] Editor in R

Paul Kristiansen paul.kristiansen at une.edu.au
Wed Apr 7 05:15:55 CEST 2004

Hi Søren and others

I have used the WinEdt extension myself (a middle-level S+/R user) and with
some novice R users.

I find that it is relatively simple to set up. You need two ZIP files. They
can be installed from the R menus. Then just type one command in R and its
done. See ReadMe.txt at http://cran.r-project.org/contrib/extra/winedt/ for
details. Open an existing script file, or type some basic code in a new
file, and start working.  R-WinEdt is easy to use, especially if one uses
the short cut keys rather than the icons, but the icons make it simple for
novices.

It is shareware though, unlike R itself.

Regards
Paul
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dr Paul Kristiansen
Associate Lecturer in Agricultural Systems
Agronomy and Soil Science
Rural Science & Agriculture
University of New England
Armidale 2351