[R-gui] XML specifs for R GUIs dialog boxes

thomas.friedrichsmeier@ruhr-uni-bochum.de thomas.friedrichsmeier@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu, 28 Nov 2002 12:52:03 +0100

Just a short clarification on the term "translator". What I had in
mind was really run-time generation of the dialog directly from the
specification. This will make it easier for users to plug-in new
functionality that e.g. they downloaded somewhere, and for developers
of dialog-boxes to test what they created. Therefore if an
application/implementation can see any way to use run-time
generation, that approach should probably be preferred.
Of course using some platforms/toolkits, this may not be easily
possible, so translating a dialog-specification into compilable code
first, will still be an option.
This does not change anything about the general concept. Just trying
to avoid confusion about the term "translator".

Thomas