[R-gui] Another R-GUI

A.J. Rossini rossini@u.washington.edu
25 Nov 2002 09:43:16 -0800

>>>>> "thomas" == thomas  <thomas.friedrichsmeier@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> writes:

    thomas> Well, the difference might not be between creation at run-time or at compile
    thomas> time, but there still is an important difference in the level at which the
    thomas> GUI is described.
    thomas> What you're talking about is at a rather low level. It allows for maximum
    thomas> control, but it certainly is not something that can easily be shared across
    thomas> projects using different toolkits.

The level isn't terribly critical -- we will need both, to describe
both fine grained as well as higher level control of widgets,
especially if there is to be any hope for crafting similar UIs.

While they can initially be hardcoded,  flex-coding the underlying
components will be preferred in the long run.

(usual disclaimers on top-down vs. bottom-up design arguments, yadda yadda...).

best,
-tony

--
A.J. Rossini				Rsrch. Asst. Prof. of Biostatistics
U. of Washington Biostatistics		rossini@u.washington.edu